YOUTHHOPE HOUSING IS A SAFE AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROGRAM FOR FORMER FOSTER AND HOMELESS YOUTH AGES 18—24. IT QUALIFIES AS A SILP (SUPERVISED INDEPENDENT LIVING PROGRAM) AND IS EDUCATION BASED.
YouthHope HOUSING MISSION STATEMENT: To confront homelessness and destroyed dreams in underserved youth. We cultivate youth’s potential through safe, stable housing, education, and relational connectedness. YouthHope’s Housing builds a better future, one life at a time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Safe and affordable housing in Redlands, CA
- Independent living with peers in your own home that is geared to meet college age needs
- Educational support and resources
- Life-skills training
- Outings and activities: trips to the beach, the Getty Museum, hiking, and many other enrichment activities
- A personal mentor to provide friendship and support on your journey
- Access to medical and dental care
- Access to professional counseling
- A program director, resident assistant and your own network of resources and support
WHAT WE WOULD EXPECT FROM YOU:
- High school diploma, GED or Hi-Set is required (our drop-in center can help you complete this if needed
- The commitment to attend college or vocational training full time: Our staff will help you find your calling and connect you with resources for success.
- Pay rent: Rent starts at $100 per month and is on an income-dependent sliding scale (Our job-search program can help you meet these requirements)
- Willingness to work with the Resident Assistant (RA) and other like-minded youth in establishing a positive and supportive home
- Commitment to work 10—20 hours a week. A work ethic and a paycheck are keys to advancement.
- Drug Free: Random drug tests are a part of the program
DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A GOOD MATCH FOR YOU?
and send to P.O. Box 7803; Redlands, CA 92375 ATTN: Housing Director
Once we receive your application we will set-up an interview and determine if your goals and our program are a match.
For questions or more information, contact:
YouthHope Executive Director
(909) 663 – 4543 (call or text)